LAST UPDATED: October 5, 2021
1. Acceptance of Terms. If you use the Site, you are agreeing to this Agreement and to any additional rules and guidelines posted on the Site. We may change this Agreement from time to time; these changes will be posted on the Site. The date that we last changed this Agreement can be see at the “LAST UPDATED” legend above. If you use the Site after we change this Agreement, that means you have accepted those changes. We may change or discontinue all or part of the Site at any time; refuse to provide any user with access to the Site; charge, modify, or waive fees required to use the Site; or offer opportunities to some or all Site users.
2. Jurisdiction. The Site is operated from Seattle, Washington in the United States. It is not intended to be subject to non-U.S. jurisdiction or laws. The Site may not be appropriate or available for use in some countries outside of the United States. If you use the Site, it is at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability at any time and in our sole discretion.
3. Description of the Services. We provide general information about our firm and our services to users of this Site including: (a) attorney profiles, articles, information about events, legal updates, videos, photos, and other similar content and (b) services such as links to third-party websites, registration links, and subscription management (collectively, the “Services“). ALTHOUGH THE SITE’S INFORMATION IS ABOUT LEGAL ISSUES, IT IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. USE OF THE SITE DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. Information presented on this Site as well as email or other communications sent through this Site do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any such email or communication will not be treated as confidential. You should not act on information included on this Site without seeking legal advice in the relevant jurisdiction. We expressly disclaim all liability in respect of actions taken or not taken based on information contained on this Site.
5. Rules of Conduct. If you use the Site you will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Users of the Site must respect the rights and dignity of others. If you use the Site, you must comply with the rules of conduct in this section. If you do not comply with these rules your access to the Site may be cut off pursuant to Section 12 below. You agree that you will not:
- Use the Site to engage in fraudulent or unlawful acts.
- Through the Site defame, abuse, harass, threaten or violate the rights of others, including without limitation others’ privacy rights.
- Use the Site to collect personally identifiable information about other users of the Site.
- Impersonate anyone or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site.
- State or imply that we endorse any statement that you make.
- Transmit or insert into the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment.
- Disrupt the Site’s operation or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
- Limit any other person from using the Site, including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site.
- Copy, duplicate, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site.
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Site.
- Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice from materials obtained from the Site.
- Retrieve, “scrape,” “data mine,” or otherwise gather Site content without our express prior written consent. However, we grant the operators of public online search engines limited permission to use search retrieval applications to reproduce materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of such materials solely in connection with each operator’s public online search service. We reserve the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific instances.
6. Registration. Some parts of the Site may require registration. We reserve the right to require that you change any user name, password, or other information that you provide during registration. Your user name and password are for your personal use only and should be kept confidential; you are responsible for any use of your user name and password.
7. Accuracy of Information. We attempt to ensure that information on this Site is complete, accurate, and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy, or currentness of any information on this Site.
8. Proprietary Rights. Our trademarks and service marks include, without limitation, MENDEL OWENS PS, FM LEGAL GROUP PS, and any associated service marks and logos. All trademarks and service marks on the Site not owned by us are the property of their respective owners. You may not use our trademarks and service marks in connection with any product or service that is not ours, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademarks or service marks without express prior written consent of the owner.
9. Links. The Site provides links to other web sites as a convenience. However, we are not responsible for and do not endorse such external sites. Other sites may link to the Site, and we may block any links to the Site. YOUR USE OF THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES AND RESOURCES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
10. Limitations of Liability and Disclaimers. THE SITE AND ALL SERVICES, INFORMATION, AND MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. WE DISCLAIM ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND ALL SERVICES, INFORMATION, AND MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING THE REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT AND TITLE. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR ERROR-FREE, NOR THAT ANY PARTICULAR SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE SITE. YOU AGREE THAT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE YOUR USE OF THE SITE, AND THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH USING THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, NOR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF OTHER INTANGIBLES, LOSS OF SECURITY OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, OR UNAUTHORIZED INTERCEPTION OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS ON THE SITE. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE. OUR MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO US TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IN THAT CASE, SOLELY TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH LAW APPLIES TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. IF APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF A PARTY’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY SUCH PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, OR ANY OTHER MATTER, THEN SUCH PARTY’S LIABILITY WILL NOT BE LIMITED OR EXCLUDED TO THE EXTENT OF SUCH PROHIBITION UNDER SUCH APPLICABLE LAW.
Our goal is to keep the Site secure. However, we cannot guarantee the Site’s security or that using the Site will be uninterrupted. There is a possibility that the Site could be hacked. If you notice any unauthorized alterations to the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
11. Indemnity. Unless applicable law provides otherwise, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all claims, losses, costs, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site or (b) any violation of this Agreement by you.
12. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. We may, at any time and for any reason, terminate your access to or use of: (a) the Site, (b) your user name and password or (c) any files or information associated with your user name and password. If we terminate your access to the Site, you will not have the right to bring claims against us with respect to such termination. We shall not be liable for any termination of your access to the Site or to any such information or files, and (except as may be required under applicable law) shall not be required to make such information or files available to you after any such termination. We may take steps that we believe are appropriate to enforce or verify compliance with any part of this Agreement (including our right to cooperate with any legal process relating to your use of the Site or any third-party claim that your use of the Site is unlawful or infringes such third party’s rights). Sections 2, 3, 7-13, and 18 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
13. Governing Law; Dispute Resolution. You hereby agree that this Agreement (and any claim or dispute arising in connection with this Agreement or your use of the Site) is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, U.S.A., without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in King County, Washington, U.S.A., and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections thereto.
14. Filtering. We want you to know that parental control protections are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at: http://getnetwise.org/ and http://onguardonline.gov/. Please note that we do not endorse any of the products or services listed at these sites.
15. Information or Complaints. If you have any questions regarding the Site, please to contact us via email at email@example.com. Do not include sensitive information in any email to us. You may also contact us at:
Mendel Owens PS
6523 California Ave SW, Suite 216
Seattle, WA 98136
16. Ability to Enter Into This Agreement. If you use the Site, you confirm that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement or, if you are not, that you have obtained parental or guardian consent to enter into this Agreement.
17. Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding the meaning of this Agreement, please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not include sensitive information in any email to us.
All materials © 2013-2021 Mendel Owens PS. All rights reserved.